- Polymerization Processes Group
- Group in Science and Engineering of Polymeric Biomaterials
- Hybrid Materials for Photovoltaics Group
- Theory and Simulations Group
- Advanced Multiphasic Polymers (AMP) Group
- NanoBioSeparations Group
- Molecular and Supramolecular Materials Group
- Innovative Polymers Group
- Responsive Polymer Therapeutics Group
Group in Science and Engineering of Polymeric Biomaterials
The activities developed by the research group are clustered into six research lines:
1.- Synthesis and characterization of bioabsorbable copolymers ofelastomeric thermoplastic character for medical devices.
2.- Morphologic studies (crystallinity, phase structure, surface topography...) on complex biodegradable polymeric (micro and/or nanostructured) systems for their use as scaffolds on tissue engineering.
3.- Obtention and characterization of newpolymeric blends with tailored hygroscopicity, biodegradability and mechanical properties.
4.- Research and development of biodegradable polymeric systems with antibiotic activity for their use in urinary tract.
5.- Research and development of biodegradable polymeric systems and their use as hydrogels and/or nanocapsules-nanoparticles for controlled drug release.
6.- Research and development ofbioabsorbable thermoplastic elastomers for their use as medical devices: nerve guides, cardiovascular and esophageal stents, and soft tissues (cartilage), etc.