- Research groups
- Polymerization Processes Group
- Group in Science and Engineering of Polymeric Biomaterials
- Hybrid Materials for Energy Group
- Theory and Simulations Group
- Polymer Physics and Advanced Manufacturing Group
- NanoBioSeparations Group
- Molecular and Supramolecular Materials Group
- Catalysis and Sustainable Polymers
- Innovative Polymers Group
- Responsive Polymer Therapeutics Group
Catalysis and Sustainable Polymers
Our overall research aims to prepare new functional polymeric materials using sustainable polymerization Specially, our investigations involve the synthesis of new polymers using “green” polymerization processes such as monomers from polymer recycling, reagents from renewable sources or the use of less hazardous organocatalysts.
Our mission is to design the plastics of the future implementing scalable and environmentally benign plastic recycling approaches and designing new monomers with not only competitive mechanical properties but also considering their end-of-life assessment. We believe that the use of organocatalysis will be the key to guide us in our mission.